What is APNs
Apple Push Notification service (APNs) is a cloud service that allows approved third-party apps installed on Apple devices to send push notifications from a remote server to users over a secure connection.
Firebase Cloud Messaging
Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM), formerly called Google Cloud Messaging (GCM), is a free cloud service from Google that allows app developers to send notifications and messages to users across a variety of platforms, including Android, IOS and Web Applications.
How to configure APNs in Firebase
- Generate a new APN Auth Key
- Upload APN Auth Key into Firebase messaging
How to Generate APN Auth Key
1. Open an Apple developer account
2. In Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles, select Keys from the sidebar, then click the Add button (+) in the upper-left corner.
3. Under Key Description, enter a unique name for the key.
4. Under Capabilities, Enable APNs and click continue.
5. Review the key configuration, then click Register.
6. Download to generate and download the key.
. . .
Upload APN Auth Key into Firebase messaging
- Goto Firebase and open project settings
2. Select Cloud Messaging tab
3. Upload .p8 key from Downloads
4. Enter Key ID & Team ID (You can find your Team ID in the Apple Member Center under the membership tab)
. . .
Congratulations! We are successfully created and uploaded your Apple APNS Key to your Firebase Certificate for iOS.
You might also like
Telegram Bot Integration to Express Application
In today’s interconnected world, messaging platforms play a crucial role in communication. Telegram, a popular messaging app, provides a powerful API that allows developers to…
Junior Engineer I
How to forward/Bulk_send a message to more than 5 contacts on WhatsApp
WhatsApp became the world’s most popular messaging application in 2015 and has 2+ Billion users by 2022. When it comes to virtual communication WhatsApp is…